Being in quarantine doesn’t mean we don’t need some fun and some color. I thought of creating this post to show you my favourite and the best nail polish colors that I use. I’m focusing on the nail polish colors that (I think) are best for brown skin and medium tones like mine. These nail colors are not the usual light blue, browns, reds or nudes that everyone gives for granted on tan/brown skin tones. I think we should dare to use something different from the classics, a blue nail polish for example.
These are color that I used for years from brands that I love and trust. Like the Essie nail polish colors, are my absolute favourites.
I usually do my mani once a week and, with proper layering, a good base coat, two coats of color and one of topcoat (not any topcoat). This way my manicure last one week easy. Obviously I use gloves when I do the dishes etc.
I even tried to do gel nails or shellac but that was damaging my nails and I was bored with the same color after 10 days.
At the moment my favourite base coat is from Sally Hansen specifically this one: https://www.sallyhansen.com/en-us/nail-care/nail-care/advanced-hard-as-nails.
My nails are really healthier and stronger since I start using this base coat.
Best nail polish top coats in my opinion:
Essie Gel couture topcoat: https://www.essie.com/base-and-top-coats/top-coats/gel-couture-top-coat
This topcoat is amazing, more on the thick side, to give that gel effect, but the shine and the duration are amazing. I think the best topcoat nail polish you can get for the price.
Chanel Le Gel Coat: https://www.chanel.com/en_GB/fragrance-beauty/makeup/p/nails/manicure/le-gel-coat-longwear-top-coat-p158350.html?lgw_code=14346-0158350&gclid=CjwKCAjwwYP2BRBGEiwAkoBpAmmrTuLl_hmwTEwIWibYrZPWRSOs8ObYA8deLoYAF_6aD130ZZlllBoCPYsQAvD_BwE#skuid-0158350
It does what is described on the website: “Longwear topcoat”.
Is very good but nothing mind-blowing. If you are a fan of Chanel then you won’t be disappointed. The Essie topcoat will match the quality.
Don’t want to be too boring, when it comes to nails I’m a little bit of a geek. Let me know what you think and if you have colors to recommend me 😉
- Essie Maximilian Strasse her https://www.essie.com/nail-polish/enamel/grays/maximillian-strasse-her
- Essie check you baggage https://www.essie.com/nail-polish/enamel/yellows/check-your-baggage
- Essie petal pushers https://www.essie.com/nail-polish/enamel/grays/petal-pushers
- Essie meet me at sunset https://www.essie.com/nail-polish/enamel/corals/meet-me-at-sunset
- Collistar Arancio Solare https://www.amazon.co.uk/Collistar-Gel-Effect-Nail-Polish/dp/B00C3DJUQM?th=1
- Chanel Monochrome https://www.chanel.com/en_WW/fragrance-beauty/makeup/p/nails/nail-colour/le-vernis-longwear-nail-colour-p159500.html#skuid-0159522
- Pupa lasting color m279 https://www.pupamilano.com/make-up/hands/nail-polish/lasting-color-gel/230007000.html?dwvar_230007000_Colore=022&cgid=MAKEUP_HANDS_NAILPOLISH&prefn=Linea&prefv=Lasting%20color#start=6
- Pupa color Gel https://www.pupamilano.com/make-up/hands/nail-polish/lasting-color-gel/230007000.html?dwvar_230007000_Colore=022&cgid=MAKEUP_HANDS_NAILPOLISH&prefn=Linea&prefv=Lasting%20color#start=6
- Kiko nail laquer Paste lilac https://www.kikocosmetics.com/en-gb/make-up/hands/nail-polishes/p-KM0040101107544
That’s it let me know your favourite colors, because I will try them for sure and let me know if you will try, or tried already this colors. At the moment I’m also dying for a pink nail, what pink nail polish do you recommend me?
In the main time Happy manicure!
Check out my swatches section if you need some inspiration